Saturday, May 19, 2012

possibilities..

Good morning ladies!
The weekend is started, and i want to start it at its best with a poem I love a lot, written by Wislawa Szymborska. It's called 'Possibilities', I am sure you are going to like it as well!
Here some pictures I chose inspired by the lovely words you can find on the bottom of the page. Enjoy your Saturday! And your reading too. <3



















I prefer movies. I prefer cats.I  prefer the oaks along the Warta.I  prefer Dickens to Dostoyevsky. I prefer myself liking peopleto myself loving mankind. I prefer keeping a needle and thread on hand, just in case. I prefer the color green. I prefer not to maintainthat reason is to blame for everything. I prefer exceptions. I prefer to leave early. I prefer talking to doctors about something else. I prefer the old fine-lined illustrations. I prefer the absurdity of writing poems to the absurdity of not writing poems. I prefer, where love's concerned, nonspecific anniversaries that can be celebrated every day. I prefer moralists who promise me nothing. I prefer cunning kindness to the over-trustful kind. I prefer the earth in civvies. I prefer conquered to conquering countries. I prefer having some reservations. I prefer the hell of chaos to the hell of order. I prefer Grimms' fairy tales to the newspapers' front pages. I prefer leaves without flowers to flowers without leaves. I prefer dogs with uncropped tails. I prefer light eyes, since mine are dark. I prefer desk drawers. I prefer many things that I haven't mentioned here to many things I've also left unsaid. I prefer zeroes on the loose to those lined up behind a cipher. I prefer the time of insects to the time of stars. I prefer to knock on wood. I prefer not to ask how much longer and when. I prefer keeping in mind even the possibility that existence has its own reason for being.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photo inspirations xoxo
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete